Sunday, February 21, 2016

An excerpt from Afterworld


She smirked. "Have you forgotten? Or did you think it was just a dream?" She ran her fingers through her red hair, tossing it about. Then, she turned to look at him. "You're dead."
The shock hit him all of a sudden and he fell over onto the floor. He had caught a glimpse of small, firm breasts before he tumbled onto the carpet. Zack lay there, dazed. "Who are you?"
She giggled. "I'm your guide, silly." She pointed at him. "You're dead," she gestured all around, "this is the afterlife!"
Zack's head was spinning. "What? But it looks just like my apartment!"
"Well, it's similar. But you'll find this is a very different place from what you remember."
The man looked around, bewildered.
She noticed. "Disappointed? Were you expecting something else?"
"Well, yeah."

"Maybe halos and harps? A veritable paradise?" She let out a high-pitched laugh. "Did you actually think that's where you'd end up?" She chuckled. "Oh, that's great. Zack Reed: Mr. Love 'Em and Leave 'Em himself fancied he'd make it to the pearly gates! No, my dear. You get to stay here with me."
"Hey, I'm a good person. I care about people..."
She pointed an accusing finger. "You use people. And now, I'm going to use you for my enjoyment."

Afterworld is available here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C0VHWJ8

No comments:

Post a Comment